Sunday, July 26, 2009

Days of 47 Floats










Here is another thing that we had on our "Bucket list". Tammy and I went down to the South Town Expo Center to see the floats that they had on display for the Day's of 47 Parade. It was air conditioned and fun to walk around and see them. We even talked to a lady who had been in charge of making a float. We found out a few interesting facts. One was that it is a Stake calling to put a float in the parade and she said that about ever 8-9 years it should be your stakes turn, it is an assigned calling. The church provided the platform with an old car underneath, then you are on your own. most of the volunteers have not had any experience in float building before. There was some very nice looking floats!


Oh, look I also saw Brooke Walker from KSL TV! She was so nice.

2 comments:

Marci Roberts said...

When I saw the floats on the news, I thought that would be a great way to see the parade. Maybe I will have to start a "bucket list" and put that on it for another year.

mommymelb said...

And look you didn't even have to camp out to see all of them!